This past weekend, we dropped everything, ditched the myriad of projects we have in progress, and saddled up the minivan for a wee road trip to Frankenmuth, Michigan.
A couple of things you should know about Frankenmuth:
- It is also known as Michigan’s Little Bavaria, so (in case you haven’t already guessed from its name) the German influences run strong here.
- They take their Christmas seriously here. Very, very seriously. It is awesome.
- They also take chicken dinners seriously. As in all-you-can-eat chicken dinners served family style.
- Autumn, in my opinion, is the perfect time to go. You have the best of the beautiful Michigan fall foliage, the crisp air, the warm fall light, and the anticipation of the upcoming holiday season all rolled into one.
- You may suffer from adorable-overload. The entire place is so cute with a glockenspiel here, a gnome village there. And fountains. And lights. And bridges. And carriage rides.
Here’s a little photo-peek at our weekend:
If you get a chance to go there, you really should. It’s fantastic!
Hope you had a good weekend too!