The other day I sat down to read one of my favorite blogs, Zim on a Whim, and was not surprised to see that Micha had been nominated for the Kreativ Blogger Award. After all, she’s funny, crafty and clever, and she cooks up some of the most mouth-watering recipes — really, you have to go see!
But as I read down a little further, you could have knocked me over with a feather when I saw that she had in turn nominated me! Thanks, Micha!
Part of the award is to write about 7 things you might find interesting about me, so here we go:
- I studied Latin and ancient Greek. Yes, I did.
- I hate chipmunks. Sure, they’re cute, but let’s be clear: they’re still rodents.
- I make apple pie and snickerdoodles for my family because they love them, but I am not a fan.
- I don’t drink soda anymore. I used to have a serious Diet Coke habit, but I gave it up. Took me six hard months to lose my taste for it, although now I drink way too much coffee.
- I enjoy the first four hours of any DIY project and then I just want the darn thing finished.
- I do not have a green thumb, but I love having a vegetable garden.
- Summer is my fourth favorite season. I know, I know — everyone loves summer, but I often find it to be too hot, too bright, too much. It’s not that I hate it — I just like the other three seasons better.
And now, I’d like to nominate the following blogs for the Kreativ Blogger Award (presented in alphabetical order):
- Alena’s Life — You must see what Alena’s reading — she has the best book reviews around. My library card is on fire, thanks to her.
- The Careless Gene — Laura’s an English knitter (no, that’s not a comment on her knitting technique — she’s from the UK) who creates lovely wooly wonders and is currently immersed in ScriptFrenzy.
- For the Knit of It — Anastasia writes about knitting, spinning, a touch of crocheting and even Kool-Aid dyeing too. Beautiful photos — I like their dreamy quality.
- Going the Distance — I feel like I identify with Trina on lots of levels — she’s a mom of twins, she loves her pup Furgus, etc, etc — but I’m guessing I feel that way because her writing is so inspirational.
- Little Green Pixie — Anna makes the most adorable fairy wings, tutus, little yarny flowers and everything else you’d need to have a magical time. So cute. Those rainbow tutus make me want to be 5 years old again.
- Main Street Musings — I crack up every time I read one of Lisa’s posts. She’s like Erma Bombeck’s progeny. Go see what I mean.
- Pleasant Valley Sunday — Diane’s take on all things suburbia, including Chicago baseball, baby! I love reading her blog because she’s such a great storyteller — some of her posts remind me of Garrison Keillor.
I’m going to follow Micha’s lead and pass along the rules for those nominated:
- Copy the Kreativ Blogger Award logo and place it in your post.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- List 7 things about you that people might find interesting.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers for their own Kreativ Blogger Award.
- Leave a comment on the blogs you nominate to let them know about the award.
Thanks again, Micha! It was just lovely of you to think of me. Hope you all enjoy the 7 nominees’ blogs as much as I do!