While May has been testing my endurance (“Another concert?”), my organization (“Is it on the calendar?”), and my memory (“Are you sure that’s today? I could have sworn I have another week….”), two lovely bloggers — Micha and Lynne — have nominated me for two (!) different awards. Thank you both so much! I’m just touched that you guys would think of me and even more happy that you’d see fit to overlook my rampant use of parenthetical statements.
Time to share the blogging love — today, I’m passing along this:
First, thanks again to Micha, also known as Commenter Extraordinaire, who nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. If you’ve not paid a visit to her blog, you have to go — she makes the coolest stuff. From crafts to jewelry to recipes for the best eats, she’s on the case. Go see. I’ll wait.
Here are the rules which I shamelessly copied from her blog:
The guidelines for accepting this award are as follows:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Nominate about 15 other blogs that you enjoy.
4. Let the nominees know that you chose them. (An aside: if you don’t want to play or pass along the award, that’s totally fine. Just know that this is my way of saying, “I like your blog! I really do!”)
You can see some of the “things about me” in this post, in which I also listed 7 blogs that I love (they are all still amazing and worth a look, if you haven’t seen them already).
And now, for the best part — sharing more blogs! Isn’t that really what it’s all about? Here are some that I’m following, in no particular order:
- lynnecobb — inspirational and reflective blog, like dropping in at a friend’s house for a little conversation and some coffee.
- jeandayfriday — you know how there’s always one person in your group who has excellent, hysterical stories about raising kids? This is her blog.
- millieonherworld — Poetry, beautiful photos and best of all, she’s fallen prey to the crochet bug!
- ooobop — Gorgeous pictures of even more gorgeous clothes with a funky, vintage vibe. Go be inspired!
- adorefamily — One mom’s tales of raising a teenager and twins (hmmm, no wonder I can relate!) that’s both funny and touching all at the same time. A great read.
- chicenvelopments — Another great sewing blog, in which she can retool any article of clothing to “make it work.”
- simplify2x — Love her pictures and her reflections!
- reneespindle — Renee serves up all the things I love in one blog: delish recipes, DIY, cute kid stories, and baseball, baby!
- pencilenvy — Amazing etchings (hard to believe they are hand-drawn) with a little backstory on each.
- igamemom — A must-read for anyone with kids. She reviews all those apps, giving you the heads-up on what each does.
- adetailedhouse — Her blog is like reading an interior design magazine, complete with lovely photos.
Thanks again, Micha! Next month (which starts… tomorrow?! Holy cow!), I’ll pass along the Versatile Blogger award, thanks to a nod from Lynne.
And don’t forget: Today’s the last day to leave a comment on this post about the Chicago Bears Youth Football Camps to win a prize package. Happy end of May, everybody!